Hamon p68 auger.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wwww

Jan 4, 2009
Western Wisconsin
I'm trying to trouble shoot p68 feed auger that doesn't run:
> Can I determine the auger motor is faulty if it won't run even though the feed motor indicator light is illuminated? In other words does an illuminated feed motor light gaureentee power to the motor? Is the test cycle motor operation dependent on a closed pressure switch
> I disconnected the stove from the vent pipe so I could move it to get to the back and see what I'm doing. In test mode should the auger motor run with the ventingsystem disconnected?
> On a p68 can I check the feed motor by hooking it up to the power for the cumbustion fan and then run the stove in test mode?
> Should the auger turn fairly easily by hand with the assembly disconnected from the stove? I can turn it by hand but it turns hard.

thanks
woody

Why don't you disconnect the auger from it's spade connectors & hot wire it? That will tell you if it still works...

a new butchered variation in spelling Harman - congrats! :oops:

a new butchered variation in spelling Harman - congrats! :oops:

Makes me hungry...now I want my hamon-cheese sandwich...

"W" don't take it personally, we have to razz somebody for something and the name Harman seems to have 74 different spellings.

HARMAN, it is on the stove spelled that way.

never attempt to turn an auger by hand.

If the feeder light is on it does not mean power is to the auger. The negative pressure switch and the hopper lid switch can break the circuit.

Eric

I failed English in the 9th grade but come on it is on the front of the unit.

Eric

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Welcome fellow cheesehead. Come on folks let's at least welcome wwww before we rag on him about how to spell Harman. I know you all have better manners. It's all in fun though, don't let these guys get the best of you.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
thanks Bob - I'll do that first.
Make sure the hopper lid is closed and NO pellets are on the rubber gasket around the hopper. Next make sure the vacuum switch hose is not plugged. I had a costumer with same issue and the hose was plugged . I used a can of air and blew it out, Stove started up with no issues. Check hopper baffle
, if there is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.