Hampton Bay Pellet Insert Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SylOsgood

Dec 17, 2006
I have a Hampton Bay Wood Pellet Stove Insert. It will not light. It worked at one time, then it quit working. It was repaired with new igniter. It worked for a short time, and has gone out again. Any ideas??
sylosgood

sylviaosgood said:
I have a Hampton Bay Wood Pellet Stove Insert. It will not light. It worked at one time, then it quit working. It was repaired with new igniter. It worked for a short time, and has gone out again. Any ideas??
sylosgood
Never seen a hampton Pellet.
But most of the time when ignitors keep going out it is due to the Timer or Heat Limit switch that shuts them off after start up is not working and the ignitor keeps running the whole time the stove is running.

With your stove running in Run mode after the 20 minute start up cycle check and see if your ignitor is still getting power to it.

I just wanted to confirm that there is no Hampton pellet stove made by FPI Fireplace Products. They make Hampton gas units and Hampton wood burning units but no pellet unit with that brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.