hampton bay wood insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjconnor

Sep 26, 2008
Somers,CT
I just bought a hampton bay wood insert. I just noticed small pieces of embers coming out of the blower section. What would be causing this and how should I fix it.

kjconnor said:
I just bought a hampton bay wood insert. I just noticed small pieces of embers coming out of the blower section. What would be causing this and how should I fix it.

How hot are you burning? Could be dust or some other material that is blowing through the heat chamber. I've heard of this happening only when overfiring. It happened to me once when I didn't shut the air down in time. I noticed the top of the stove was starting to glow so I shut the air completly off and turned the blower on high. When I did this, I saw some sparks blowing out. Nothing since then though.

I have the blowers on high all the time and the damper was closed. I opened the damper and moved the wood around. It seemed to stop. Not sure why it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.