Hampton CI2601 First Burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J RD

Oct 28, 2014
Ellicott City, MD
Finished the install Sunday afternoon. Burned 2 small fires and then let it rip Sunday night.

Was surprised to only see 6 hours out of a full firebox. Hopefully I can just chaulk it up to break-in and no ash bed. Noticed a slightly longer burn time Monday night. As others have mentioned, the primary air control doesn't seem to turn down far enough which seems to be the main culprit in the low burn times.

Posted a couple pics below. This was installed with a 5.5x25 liner in a 9x13 22ft chimney.

That is a dandy of an install. Sharp looking. You will get better. There is a learning curve with any new stove...and yes, a layer of ash on the bottom will help with your burn.

ETA - just a personal observation, but I do believe that anywhere from 25-30% of a fuel load is consumed heating up a cold stove. Wait and see how it will react when you are cycle burning. That is really the "test".

Thanks for the picture. I think you are one of the first with this stove installed. How is it heating? Please keep us posted as you learn more about the stove's operation and performance throughout the season.

It is a sharp looking stove. Very nice install.

Status
Not open for further replies.