Hampton GC60 Ash Pan Door ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Sterner

Nov 18, 2013
Vermont
I just purchased a new GC60 and I'm trying to work through a list of issues that I've had with it. One of which is a very faint smell from the stove. It’s hard to say if it’s even wood smoke, but it pretty much has to be. My question is the ash pan door latch does not really hold the door closed very tight. The door is on a spring and it pulls it up and in place but the latch just closes without really tightening up things. I don’t see any way to adjust this, am I missing something?
Thanks

You can not adjust that door it is spring loaded what kind of issues are you having with this stove i have had a few my self.

He is my original post of the issues I've had. Some of the issues have been resolved and some have not. To be honest I'm not impressed with the stove. I know too many people that have purchesed inexpensive stoves from the big box stores and have NO issues. After spending $3,000.00 I expected more! What are you experencing?

Hello, I'm new to this forum and a new owner of a Hampton GC60. I've had the stove now for 5 weeks and I'm burning it 24/7 as it is our only source of heat. I've had several issues with the stove and questioning my purchase at this point. Here's a list of the problems, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Here is what I have
1700sq ft home
Temps are 20's at night 30's & 40's during the day
Burning Energex Pellets
I'm currently running the stove between 2 & 3 for the heat setting, Feed rate is at 2 and combustion fan at 3. Thermostat is at 70-72
- My first problem is that I'm using 1.5 - 2 bags a day (seems like a lot to me?) I checked the auger slide plate and had two holes exposed on the bottom. I moved it down so I now have 3 holes exposed.
- The agitator is squealing intermittently, sounds like nails on a chalk board. I've narrowed this down to the left side of the agitator where it sits in a small steel bracket. The dealer says to put high temp grease on it. This last for 2 hours.
- The house has a very slight smell of smoke. Its not bad, but its there.
- I'm getting raw pellets in the ash pan that eventually start to smolder. When I empty the pan the bottom is scorched and black.
- Overall the stove seems loud. Not the quietest in the industry like they claim.

You can not adjust that door it is spring loaded what kind of issues are you having with this stove i have had a few my self.

Status
Not open for further replies.