Hampton GC60 - Week 2 & 3 update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEvansCT

Oct 21, 2014
Northeast CT
Well it's been about 3 weeks with our new Pellet stove (Hampton GC60) and I have been burning Green Supremes steady (2 ton in the basement) as I can get them just 10 minutes from the house and i needed something seeing I've been waiting from some LaCrete or Trebio with no luck. Time to suck it up and look at some of the pine pellets available near by in the $349 range or try my luck and wait until January and see what shows up. With the cold weather recently the stove stays at Level 3 with a few short stints on level 4. I still have not gotten a Pstat ordered or hooked up yet, been swamped and I still need to test the stove with a Mag but I have messed around with the combustion/feed settings trying to get what I think is the best burn out of it. Haven't run the oil furnace at all, even when I shut it down this weekend for a good cleaning no one was home so I didn't bother with extra hear.

Overall it heats up the downstairs very nice (2200sqft total, two floors). The front two bedrooms upstairs are comfy as well. The back bedroom which is mine has been a little chilly but about the same as when I run the furnace on 65 so I can't complain. I plugged in a space heater for a little bit in the morning when the wife is getting ready.

I must say with some overnight temps in the teens, I'm impressed with the pellet stove doign it's job. I was skeptical but not anymore.

Cleaning the stove there is plenty of ash, the window gets a little dirty when I run at Lv 2 or Lv 1. I did have some build up in the firepot but not sure if it's too much or not. Cleans up pretty easy.

I am noticing the red hot pellets pushed to the outer edge of the burnpot and some falling into the ash pan when I am running on LV 4, much less at LV 3 which. I've run on Premium and Regular grade fuel settings and after next cleaning I will try the multi fuel setting.

I am having fun and everyone is enjoying the added heat as I kept it low when running the oil furnace.

Reactions: Fsappo
That sounds like our house, I am only 1 week in, the saving will be 150 to 250 per. month maximum so not huge over the elec. but we are WARM for the first time in years and the whole family is happy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.