Hampton GCI 60 code 4

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabor129

Sep 26, 2014
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Hello all!

I have a problem with resetting a code 4 on my Hampton CGI 60. Hit the reset button and the light still flashing! I read that it is an overheating code, but the stove was off for days now! Anyone has any ideas?

Perhaps your overtemp sensor is a manual reset? I mean on the sensor itself, usually a small red button.

On the M55 you have to remove a plug cover on the side wall of the hopper, under the control panel, to get to the high limit reset switch. #4 may also be a hopper lid switch failure, make sure the magnet on the bottom of the hopper lid is still in place (on insert anyways)

Let us know if these help you fix the error code or if it is something else...

Did you win the jinxed stove lottery? Glad you got it sorted out ... how old is the stove? Did you have surge protection on the stove?

Betcha none of that needed to be replaced and they punted. Lid is out of alignment and lid switch is not engauging,lid switch runs through the high limit circuit so leaing the hopper lid open will give you the same fault as over heating, though if it does over heat you need to reset the switch

Well the stove was installed in February, so everything is under warrantee, and we have no one knowledgable about pellet stoves in the area! So new parts it is. However now that I looked at it the door does slide back and forth a bit!

Betcha none of that needed to be replaced and they punted. Lid is out of alignment and lid switch is not engauging,lid switch runs through the high limit circuit so leaing the hopper lid open will give you the same fault as over heating, though if it does over heat you need to reset the switch
I think you are correct, the lids are made of cast so they often times do need adjusting for everything to work correctly all of the replaced items very rarely go "bad"

Status
Not open for further replies.