Hampton HI300 outside air kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebrsmithers

Oct 14, 2007
Northern Alabama
I want to buy this stove, but I also really want the ability to install an outside air kit. I have read posts on this site that not only suggest that this is a possibility for this stove, but state they have had the installation done. However, the manual doesn't show this as an option and the dealer is not sure either. Anyone out there know for sure?

Very funny. :roll:
I am in Northern Alabama. Not in the mountains, but very close. The winter temps can hover in the twenties and thirties for the good part of Jan - March. Plus it is a wet cold here since instead of snow we get mostly rain. Right now I have an open fireplace, which is in reality a big heat sucking hole with a 10" wide escape route. My intention is to plug the hole with this nice looking insert while creating a functional heat source for those ocassional ice storms that leave us without power.
The interest in the outside air kit is mostly because I just spent a wad of cash on new window's (casement), doors, hardyboard siding and had the house wraped in the process. Lets just say its a little tighter than it was before and that gives me pause to consider an OAK if it is available.

Dealer doesen't know ???
How can that be.
If you are doing Outside air- manufacturer must have some information on it's instilation or
this may be problematic on insert into a fireplace without a hole to the outside already there ( or a place to make
one nearby the fireplace).
I would get the information from the dealer/manufacturer before I bought it, to see how much hassle it is going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.