Hampton HI400 burn time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great now would love to know how It burns, if you like on the other thread regency cs2600 review (its the same stove) you can post how it's burning there it would help a lot of people that have this stove.

I readjusted the restriction plate to full open, so my burn time didn't improve any, but the heat output improved vastly. Readjusted plate this AM to about half blocked off and just started a fire so I'll give an update later. And I used the top down start method with a fire starter on large splits...what a game changer.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Spit some wood smaller and used 7 or so pieces to fill fire box...No improvement in burn time.

This AM adjusted plate again. Just filled it up and will see.

pDIB8mD.jpg

Filled firebox
sCKjTle.jpg

Door stays dirty too

dMUl5hF.jpg

What type of burn times are you getting? That's how my glass gets in the fall and spring when I burn in the winter just some black in the corners. What area do you live in, what are your outside temps and do you know the moisture in your wood.

I your wood is not good and dry then you can get build up on the glass.

And if your wood isnt good and dry you most likely have to leave the input air open wider to keep it
burning and that can shorten your burn time.

What type of burn times are you getting? That's how my glass gets in the fall and spring when I burn in the winter just some black in the corners. What area do you live in, what are your outside temps and do you know the moisture in your wood.

Filled it up about 430 and at 1 am still had life and at 550 degrees with the load in picture above. 4 large pieces and a small one on the side. Would have went an hour or more longer. Good smoldering logs were left that broke up into large coals.

Had to go to bed so added wood.

Wood has been split for 3 years and is dry maple

Yesterday was mid 30s into the low 20s overnight with light snow. Mason Dixon line area.

Will close plate down a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.