Hampton I300 door adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wtb1

Nov 22, 2008
Mississippi
I was cleaning the glass on my insert and just doing some maintenance while the stove is cold. I noticed that the door gasket is sealing well around the latch but does not seem to be sealing as well on the hinge side. The gasket is compressed on the latch side but not the hinge side.

How do I adjust the hinge side of the door to tighten it up? I looked in the manual and it did not mention how to do this.

wtb1 said:
I was cleaning the glass on my insert and just doing some maintenance while the stove is cold. I noticed that the door gasket is sealing well around the latch but does not seem to be sealing as well on the hinge side. The gasket is compressed on the latch side but not the hinge side.

How do I adjust the hinge side of the door to tighten it up? I looked in the manual and it did not mention how to do this.

Looks like you gotta make all your adjustments on the latch mechanism.
You say it's not sealing "as well" on the hinge side. Is it leaking there?
Did you perform the Dollar Bill test on that location?
Did you do the test anywhere on the door?
How old is your unit?
Is the gasket still pliable all around the door?

I did the dollar bill test on the latch side and it was not as snug as I would like so I removed a washer from the top and bottom of the latch. Did not get a chance to perform the dollar bill test again. But I did notice when building a fire and starting to shut down the air there seems to be more fire on the hinge side of the stove. The stove is not even a year old. The gasket on the latch side is visiably compressed but still pliable but the gasket on the hinge side is not compressed and therefore not sealing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.