1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    Well, I finally purchased it and it is almost in. The fireplace shop has to finish the install with the liner...they were missing the collar for the top of the stove (Flue?) and it will be done. I have been wanting to update the old beast for a long time...its finally here!!!! Can't wait for the cool nights to season it and then let 'er rip!!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Unfortunately the fluue colar is a separate item, Go figure, but the Hamptons are nice stoves

These collars are attached to the top of the insert stove with sheet metal screws threw the tabs
    Make sure they use refactory cement or furnace cement to seal the contact areas the boot to the stove top and
    the connector pipe cconnection
  3. ourhouse

ourhouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Franklin Ma
    Congrats on the new insert! To bad about the flue colar. Are you going post any pics?
  4. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    Funny you should ask, I just covered the old brick with a lannon stone. I'll snap some pics and see if I can load them...it is a world of difference from what it started. Its 6ft wide 8ft high and has a 6 and a half foot mantle that I made accross it. It will look a lot better with a fire in the box though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.