Hampton/Lopi pellet stove part needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

druderman

Mar 26, 2009
western ma
I think I need a new igniter, but first a short story.

My 10 year old Hampton pellet stove kept getting a fault.
Fortunately, I found the service manual on the web a while back.
I opened the stove up and the hopper was overflowing with pellets and there was too much ash. My fault. Lazy me.
I cleaned it out, but same problem. No plink, plink. The auger was stuck.
I vacuumed out the pellets from the auger, removed the cover, found more pellets and unstuck the auger.
I hot-wired the igniter, plugged it in to direct a/c, and it didnt get hot or glow.

So now I see that I need a new igniter for my Hampton/Lopi pellet stove.
The part number is 99300148.
I live in Western Massachusets.

Any ideas for a source?

Thanks. Well, that appears to be it all righty.

I didn't expect that I would have to get a new housing too, since the service manual suggested that you could just change the igniter.

I was hoping to not pay $89, and now I see that I will have to open the back, take out a fan, maybe disconnect the flue, and move it to get the new igniter in there.
I do realize it's better than spending $2k or whatever for a new stove.

Does it sound worth it?

Is there any non-ebay spare-parts supplier for these stoves?

druderman said:
Thanks. Well, that appears to be it all righty.

I didn't expect that I would have to get a new housing too, since the service manual suggested that you could just change the igniter.

I was hoping to not pay $89, and now I see that I will have to open the back, take out a fan, maybe disconnect the flue, and move it to get the new igniter in there.
I do realize it's better than spending $2k or whatever for a new stove.

Does it sound worth it?

Is there any non-ebay spare-parts supplier for these stoves?

As far as I know, the new ignitor always comes w/ the new mounting plates. I tried finding just the ignitor too, but no luck. Is $89 for an igntor and about an hours work (maybe) worth it vs. $2000???? Do the math....LOL

And no, these are not available other than someplace like eBay....Travis Industries doesn't allow anyone besides a dealer to sell them.

druderman said:
Thanks for tracking this down for me.

No problem...us Avalon/Lopi owners have to help each other out due to Travis being a PIA about selling parts.....maybe sometime in the future you'll help me out.

You'll be happy to know that I fixed my stove. I ordered the part on eBay. It came in about a week and came with installation instructions. Today I finally got an hour window to install it. It went in just fine and works. It cost me $89 and an hour labor. Fortunately for us we didn't have any cold spells in recent weeks.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and assistance!

druderman said:
You'll be happy to know that I fixed my stove. I ordered the part on eBay. It came in about a week and came with installation instructions. Today I finally got an hour window to install it. It went in just fine and works. It cost me $89 and an hour labor. Fortunately for us we didn't have any cold spells in recent weeks.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and assistance!

See, now wasn't that much cheaper & easier than spending $2K on a new stove, and having to drag the old one out and drag the new one in??? :lol:

All kidding aside, glad you got the ignitor & got it installed. I have a spare one, plus a spare auger motor sitting on the shelf in the workshop......just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.