Hangover cure - work!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vwboomer

Dec 5, 2008
wisconsin
I was seriously over served last night at our banquette. And I needed to unload the trailer so I can go cut another load tomorrow. I had already carted away 4 wheelbarrows full before taking the pic.

0222091555a.jpg

Sadly dinged my Fiskars but not too horribly.
The wood is from this pile that I bought.

0213091023a.jpg

The rest of the pile is smaller stuff - not nearly so nice as the foreground pile.
The bigger rounds are about 20" and I had to slab off about half so I could lift em into the trailer.

Nice way to work off a hangover. Hugging the toilet and feeling sorry for yourself is for wimps. Having worked construction for years, hard work and hangovers were no stranger to me.

That was then and this is now. No more drinking to excess and I avoid hard work when there is machinery around to do the heavy lifting.

I like splitting. It's a bit of exercise. The problem is I have tendonitis bad enough in my arms that after a couple hours of that, I can barely load the stove. Plus, the waking up with numb hands is a bonus!

Waking up with numb hands" is that the tendonitis, because I have been getting that on & off the last month or so . (RH)

Fresh air always helps with a big head, but the idea of running a saw , after a night of whiskey is really not that appealing.

hehe...I see that splitting warmed you up enough to take of the Carhartt's. Nice workout vw.

mainstation said:
Waking up with numb hands" is that the tendonitis, because I have been getting that on & off the last month or so . (RH)

The numbness is more from the carpal tunnel but that doesn't bother me near as much as not being able to grab things!

Off to cut more today before work. I'm going to run out of room in a big hurry. My plan is to stack around my back shed but the snow isn't cooperating.

Status
Not open for further replies.