Happiness is a full woodshed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
After a long day of processing pallets the wife and I were able to fill up the new shed:

October002.jpg

I wish he could actually help, but regardless, he's good company:

October005.jpg

This is what a carbide blade looks like after being run through about 50 pallets. Between the rock hard wood and the nails they don't last long-I buy the cheapest ones I can find.

October007.jpg

Nice, it gives you a certain level of pride with all the hard work. Others may not understand but if you have ever heated your home with wood its a great feeling! Heres my supply, the 3 on the left are 16ft long, then about 12ft, next are about 9ft or so... Can you tell which were stacked latest? I finally can stack neat! Or at least I took the time to stack neat. The tall ones are almost 6 ft tall.

Attachments

• woodstacks.jpg
    woodstacks.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 395
burntime said:
Nice, it gives you a certain level of pride with all the hard work. Others may not understand but if you have ever heated your home with wood its a great feeling!

It's kind of like that "It's a Jeep thing-you wouldn't understand," bumper sticker. I guess that's why Craig has done so well with hearth.com-us nutjobs need some way to communicate with each other :lol:

burntime said:
I finally can stack neat!

Congratulations-I never could which is why I built the woodshed ;)

Agreed . . . well seasoned wood may warm your body . . . but seeing a woodshed full of well seasoned wood warms the soul.

Actually warms you @ least 3 times: #1 when you cut,split and stack. #2 when you move it off the stack and up to the stove, and best of all, #3 after you place it in the stove and shut the door......................................................

Attachments

• 2010 Wood Supply 001-1.jpg
    2010 Wood Supply 001-1.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 311
Status
Not open for further replies.