Happiness

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AVIVIII

Dec 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Snow, generator, pellet fire and cold beer.

390996_594764017638_165702000_32621086_71025304_n.jpg

What else does a guy need?

:coolsmile:
How much of the white stuff did you get up there? Hope electric gets on soon for you all!!

dw06 said:
:coolsmile:
How much of the white stuff did you get up there? Hope electric gets on soon for you all!!
I had around 1 foot here northern Berks County PA. Lost power for about 2 hours I guess.

Mohnton, Fleetwood and Tuckerton have all been out for over 24 hours now according my family up in your neck of the woods, tsmith.

tjnamtiw said:
Mohnton, Fleetwood and Tuckerton have all been out for over 24 hours now according my family up in your neck of the woods, tsmith.
Yea there are still some areas right around me without power yet. I have everything except for cable tv. I have been doing a lot of reading here and some books. I just wish it would be on for 8 oclock tonight to watch the eagles play dallas. I am eagles fan and wife is dallas fan so it is always interesting when they play, but doesn't look as though we will be watching tonight.

Still no power. The generator is running in the evening to keep the stove, furnace and fridge going. I take that opportunity to plug the laptop into the stove's UPS and put a charge on it. I have my DROID tethered to the laptop and can get internet for a bit.

We got about 15" here, about 15 miles west they were closing in on 2 feet! It is melting fast though; hopefully it melts and dries out enough so I can get all the leaves off the lawn before spring.....

Holy crap glad we didn't get all that down here.
About 2 inches but it's all melted away.

What kind of beer? Didn't see it in the pic.

Xena said:
Holy crap glad we didn't get all that down here.
About 2 inches but it's all melted away.

What kind of beer? Didn't see it in the pic.

It was a bit early for beer when I posted the pic. Not much early, but I had to let my bacon and eggs settle first...

I had a fantastic Maple Porter on tap that we kicked last night, so I'm down to a 12 pack of Sam Winter, a case of Red Hook Late harvest and half a 6-pack of PBR pounders. Fortunately the bourbon is holding out too!

AVIVIII said:
It was a bit early for beer when I posted the pic. Not much early, but I had to let my bacon and eggs settle first...

I had a fantastic Maple Porter on tap that we kicked last night, so I'm down to a 12 pack of Sam Winter, a case of Red Hook Late harvest and half a 6-pack of PBR pounders. Fortunately the bourbon is holding out too!

Mmm... Sam Winter... soon time for a few cases. What are the labels this year? Last year they changed the labels to those green ones with the holly and berries... I thought the old powder blue and white labels more represented the "winter" aspect. I was not impressed with the new labels. I even went as far as to email them and let them know. I also saved one old bottle with the blue label and put a pin hole in the cap to drain it and stick it on the shelf. Didn't want to pop the cap.

We got 20 plus inches here! No power either. But instead of the pellet stove I opted for the wood eater as its power free. Plus it warms food real nice too! Gennies duty is to keep the beer cold, But I guess I could just leave it outside if I had too.

The big generac burns the same amount of fuel seemingly regardless of the load. I figure if I'm making it I might as well use it.

-The poophead with all his lights on.

How much fuel does the generac burn? I'm just looking to compare my old beast, which burns about 1 gallon/hour. The load doesn't seem to matter much in fuel consumption, either.
20 inches of snow here, just got our power back after 46 hours out. YAY!

heat seeker said:
How much fuel does the generac burn? I'm just looking to compare my old beast, which burns about 1 gallon/hour. The load doesn't seem to matter much in fuel consumption, either.
20 inches of snow here, just got our power back after 46 hours out. YAY!

Its an 8000w run, 10500w? start. Its got an 10 gallon tank that for my usage gets us 12-14 hours.

When I said load doesn't matter, it doesn't really matter for my application. If it was hooked to my Dads house and we were running the hot tub, she'd go through about 1.5g/hr. But who else is sitting in a hot tub when the power is out?

Okay, that makes me feel a bit better about my fuel consumption.

And yeah, I'd spend some time in the hot tub with the power out, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.