Happy 4th of July, everyone!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

Happy 4th everyone! As we celebrate this day of Independence, remember the men and women who sacrificed everything for our freedom since the birth of this great country. Don't EVER forget what today is all about! Post pics of your celebration on this thread as the day/evening progresses, have fun and stay safe! One of my favorite pics of my baby girl taken on the 4th several years ago......she's alot bigger and bolder now!

Attachments

• my baby girl on the 4th, 2008.jpg
    my baby girl on the 4th, 2008.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: amateur cutter
Thanks Scotty. Happy 4th to you and yours also.
Your daughter's quite a cutie (I have 3, and 3 granddaughters). Other than my wife, they're the loves of my life.
Keep an eye on her, so she doesn't grow up too fast.;)
I think the only celebrating we'll do here is to try staying cool. Well, we're pretty cool, but I meant temp-wise.==c

Reactions: ScotO
Reactions: btuser
I miss Dave Barry. A lot.

And Erma Bombeck ...

You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. ~Erma Bombeck

Reactions: PapaDave
That Dave Barry article sounds a bit on the miserable side of life, we have picnics every year and they are nothing short of awesome......had a great wood-fired chicken dinner this afternoon, looking forward to smores on the fire later and our local amusement park (owned by some great local business-people) give a fantastic fireworks display to the community at 9:00pm........

Status
Not open for further replies.