Happy Memorial Day!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryBack

Dec 27, 2005
Western Massachusetts
A couple pictures I took today of Memorial Day festivities, locally. One is the Pipe Band my son is in (bass drum), and the other is a flyover from an A-10 from the local air base. I got lucky with the A-10, that thing was going fast when I shot it. Im pretty new to digital photography, so dont laugh!

Attachments

• DSC06876b (Custom).JPG
    DSC06876b (Custom).JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 408
  • DSC06869 (Custom) (Custom).JPG
    DSC06869 (Custom) (Custom).JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 449
MountainStoveGuy said:
Mr. Back, i cant see the photos.

I see 'em.

Good one on the warthog.

We have them flying over here in pairs from Westover, also F-16's or something similar. Westover air base is close and also the Westfield airport (Barnes) which has national guard.

Actually, they are having a big air show there soon:

http://2006westfieldairshow.org/

We saw the B-2 bomber fly over our house last time...that is one impressive piece of machinery.

yea, that Hog came from Westfield....the ceremony was in Wilbraham. They are changing the base over to an f-16 base pretty soon actually. Memorial Day weekend is hectic for us......Saturday played at Mount Holyoke Commencement Ceremony, Sunday morning in Wilbraham, Sunday afternoon in Brimfield, Monday early am in Monson, later am at the parade in Brookfield! WHew! Its bad for me, and I just am the taxi, take pictures. I cant imagine what its like to haul the bagpipes and drums thru the parade route in the hot sun!

I hope at some time you had a fosty pulling trout out of the quabibin
I went to the RI shore yesterday sun never came out mid to low 60's got home to 90 degrees.
Threw the pole in just for excersise Smal scoolies and blue fish that all. Most of the weekend working my tail off
here. darn pools are a lot of work. Saturday picked up two full loads PK size of oak. Sunday 3 more pallets. I have been plugging away at it still have a lot of stacking. The new wood picked up is now 3 years away from use. Pictures of the opperation soon to follow

Nice shot of the plane! the air force academy is sort of local here and there sometimes is some of those funky looking big ass bombers flying over.

I almost got a good picuture of the Jolly Green coming in to land on the Bristol Green. They set up a great event every year. They had Hummers, Bradlies, a Blackhawk, the Chinook, and other various military pieces of equipment. They even had a Spec Ops tent set up where you could look at the gear they use, to include their .50 Cal sniper rifle ;)

elkimmeg said:
I hope at some time you had a fosty pulling trout out of the quabibin
I went to the RI shore yesterday sun never came out mid to low 60's got home to 90 degrees.
Threw the pole in just for excersise Smal scoolies and blue fish that all. Most of the weekend working my tail off
here. darn pools are a lot of work. Saturday picked up two full loads PK size of oak. Sunday 3 more pallets. I have been plugging away at it still have a lot of stacking. The new wood picked up is now 3 years away from use. Pictures of the opperation soon to follow

No time at all, Elk! All I can hear for over an hour after going to these parades is bagpipes in my ears. I wish I were at the shore as well.....I heard the clamming was good this weekend down there tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.