Happy New Year Everyone!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearth Mistress

Minister of Fire
As 2012 comes to a close, I'm looking back at all the good (bought a new car), bad (lost my 12 yo jack russell) and the ugly (hurricane Sandy) but I'm also coming up on my one year anniversary of being a wood stove owner. If it wasn't for all of you here, answering my questions, as ridiculous as they have been, even if you've answered them a million times before, I'd still be struggling to keep the darn think lit and my family warm, cutting wood with a cheapo crapy chain saw cursing until I was almost arrested.

I dont use Facebook or Twitter, can't be bothered, everything I need is right here. You guys get it, share the excitement over the perfect burn, load, wood, etc. I don't feel like an outcast here, we all have our quirks and talents and many of you are the wittiest, funniest folks I've ever had the pleasure of knowing (well reading)

With that said, I wish you all a safe, happy, healthy and WARM new year!

Thanks for all the warm greetings " HM " and right back at ya! I'm glad you found yourself a nice place to hang out....all in all,,, a nice bunch of people on here.... I have to laugh,,, who would ever imagine simply burning wood ,,, would bring so many nice people together.. Just goes to show how soothing it is to one's soul,,, being warm , cooking your food, and having such great independence that you can still enjoy! Sorry to hear about your Jack passing,,,, one of mine is going on 14, almost totally blind with diabetes, two shots a day, but still goes for hikes on the farm when we all go out . Amazing how a dogs senses adjust.... Merry Christmas and have a very Happy New Year:) This is 14 year old Lily on the Hearth.

000_0328.JPG

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I hope all have a good new year.
Come on 2013 - (cuz 2012 can kiss my azz)

Good post Hearth Mistress. I do go on facebook but very rarely. Then only for a couple minutes as it just doesn't seem to interest me much. Not so here on hearth.com. When I joined I did not figure I'd be on long but saw a need that I might be able to fill so stayed on a bit longer. Now I'm wondering if the time has come for me to back off and I have some. Simply put, there are many other great people on this forum and many of them have much more knowledge than I do and that is good. Also, many of the things that I started preaching on this forum I now see lots and lots of other folks saying the same things. This gives be great pleasure.

Happy New Year. May the best of 2012 be your worst in 2013.

Good post Hearth Mistress. I do go on facebook but very rarely. Then only for a couple minutes as it just doesn't seem to interest me much. Not so here on hearth.com. When I joined I did not figure I'd be on long but saw a need that I might be able to fill so stayed on a bit longer. Now I'm wondering if the time has come for me to back off and I have some. Simply put, there are many other great people on this forum and many of them have much more knowledge than I do and that is good. Also, many of the things that I started preaching on this forum I now see lots and lots of other folks saying the same things. This gives be great pleasure.

Happy New Year. May the best of 2012 be your worst in 2013.

Wood Sensei Dennis,

Your wisdom has been etched into the warm stone walls of wood burning lore! Future generations shall find those carvings and with their eyes wide with wonder utter the words "Vertical splitting on a milk crate. Man, those people had a hard life back then!"

Happy New Year my friend, and many blessings onto you and yours this coming year.

And Happy New Year to all you other Hearth.com folks. It has been a pleasure from day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.