Happy New Year!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsBrew

Minister of Fire
Apr 21, 2013
I'm not a Druid but I consider the Winter Solstice my new year. I look forward to the days getting longer. I've got some vodka & fruity drinks calling my name this weekend. Have a good one! :cool:

I'm not a Druid but I consider the Winter Solstice my new year. I look forward to the days getting longer. I've got some vodka & fruity drinks calling my name this weekend. Have a good one! :cool:

Pretty much the same here ............. they call MY name every day, I usually answer, but more frequently today ............ Almost dark here, gittin' ready to do up a bunch of fireworks........... "Bout the only time of year I can stay up past dark to set 'em off.........

Pretty much the same here ............. they call MY name every day, I usually answer, but more frequently today ............ Almost dark here, gittin' ready to do up a bunch of fireworks........... "Bout the only time of year I can stay up past dark to set 'em off.........

Helps when dark is 4:30 though, right?

I hate this time of year . . . up at 4 a.m. typically and ready for bed by 7:30 p.m. Bring on the longer days!!!

Where I live, the sunsets are at 3:23 PM!!! Makes me want to stick my head in the snow until the spring. And it only rises at 7:09!! Imagine: getting on the school bus in the dark and getting off in the dark.

Happy belated Solstice!!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.