Happy New Year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredo

Nov 24, 2011
Mi
I want to thank all of you at Hearth for taking me under your wing and giving me the tools ( knowledge) that has helped me with Wood Stovin!

Happy New Year and God Bless to all my Wood Burning Familia at Hearth.com

Fredo

Happy new year Fredo and may all your goals for the new year actually happen ;-P

Pete

Thanx Fredo! You're a really nice guy glad you found us! Hope your back is 100% in the coming year!

Ray

Anytime Fredo,we'll learn from you also.

Happy New Year to you guys. I hope your post last, I did the happy Thanks giving post last month, and some no life moderator got rid of it cause he said it didnt contain any usefull information

Part of the reason we implemented the Inglenook...which is where a thread like this probably belongs. Happy New Year, all. Rick

ETA: I didn't move this thread, it had to have been one of my fellow no-life Moderators.

Happy New Year all.
In the new year I'll strive to be more like a "no-life moderator."
With all due respect-
Kenny

Happy 2012, East Coast!

ETA: and central time zoners, and Rocky Mountain members!

Happy New Year Hearth.com members! Thanks for hours of interesting reading, and discussion. May this be a great year full of blessings for you and your families.

The years really fly by when ya git old. Seems like only yesturday it wuz 2011. Happy New Year, all.

I know what you mean Hoss! This is my last day at the age of 54! Happy New Year to all my wood burning friends! May the coming year be a healthy and prosperous one..

Ray

Happy New Year to all.

Fred, I've been wondering what happened to you.

Hey Dennis,

Glad to hear from you Dennis and all is well. I hope that you are doing well?
I have been posting here and there on Hearth. My last post was about my stove door handle that seized up on me. My stove dealer Rich from Autumn Valley Farm worked his butt off
freeing up handle. He did an awesome job and door handle open and closes like cutting through butter with a hot knife! He mentioned on Hearth to a fellow brother that a piece of slag might of been the culprit.

But now all is well with stove and even though weather is mild in Michigan, I am having some enjoyable, toasty burns. The Ash that I got just over a month ago is not all that bad Dennis. I am able to get stove top temps
up into the 400s. I usually can get a 4-6 hour burn out of a couple of splits Ash. There is no other firewood that I can burn with for now besides the Oak that I have.
If I can get through the mild winter and eventually cold winter, thats if we ever get a cold winter and I hope we don't, I think I did pretty good for such a late wood stove/firewood project.

Well, I am getting ready for the wind advisory that was posted for Lapeer County and the winds are picking up indeed. We are slated for 30 to 50 mph winds, YIPES :grrr: I hope I do not loose power...
Take care Dennis and it was nice hearing from you my friend.

Fredo

Fred, I see they have toned down the forecast a bit but still around 40 mph for the wind. A great day to stay out of the woods! Glad all is going well. You'll have 2 or 3 days to test that stove this week.

Dennis

As I am responding to your reply to me the winds are cruising pretty good as I look out the bedroom window. My stove fire is really getting a MEGA DRAFT right now! I love watching the glowing embers and flames from my wood stove!
Now to get back to original subject about wind.
My Riverbirch trees that I have in my backyard are my wind gauge. When those babies start bending in the wind my eyebrows begin to raise. :roll:
We have had a few storms in Lapeer County that bent my birches over to the ground!
Thats when I hit the dirt! :bug:

Fredo

Yes, the wind keeps getting stronger here too. Also the temperature is falling. Dropped 2 degrees in the last hour. I guess we are fortunate as the wind does not seem to have any effect with our fires. We do have a fire in the stove now but not very hot. It is not even hot enough to engage the cat and we don't want more yet because the house is plenty warm. I expect in a few more hours we'll stoke it up a bit. Good luck with the wind as it appears we'll have it at least 2 days and nights.

Dennis, Fredo here it comes we are now getting golf ball size snowflakes that look like they where shot out of a cannon they are wizzin by so fast. Batten down the hatches fellas its gonna get wintry finally.

Enjoy
Pete

Pete

No oversized snowflakes this way but it would be a bad day to be wearing a toupee! :bug: Man the winds are a whipping and I am amazed how those flimsy stack brackets are holding my chimney from launching off my roof!

Even though it was in the forties today I still had my stove cooking. Temps are beginning to drop and tonight is supposed to be in the low 20s. I am not convinced that Old Man Winter
is headed our way but with Michigan weather, anything is possible...

Take care Pete

Fredo

Fredo
Last I heard the real feel would be 11f tonight and 4f tomarrow so a little extra heat might not be bad right now. Those brackets amaze me as well they look so cheap but hold really well. Enjoy your new years day Fredo and don't hug the new stove even if you want to! :lol:

Happy new years
Pete

Pete,

I am glad that my stove is too wide to hug because if I could get my hands around her I would. My lady Osburn throws out more heat than my little Polish wife does! :lol: Man, if mama read this thread I would have to buy another Osburn because I would be living in the Old Pole Barn! ;-P

My stove has been cooking at around 400 degrees for most of the day and I have been adding a split at a time just to keep the beast happy with glowing embers. Temps are dropping but I didnt realize that it was going to feel that cold. I don't even know what the word cold means anymore in my house. My Osburn is AWESOME! We love the radiant heat and not hearing the sound of our Propane Furnace kicking on! Forced Air has its place and thats in the Summer time for Air Conditioning around here.

Like a mentioned before, three weeks after using stove I went and checked propane gauge outside on my pig. My wife said that it was at 55 percent the first day that we burned and 3 weeks later it was at 54 percent, SWEET! Stay out of my pocket Mr. Gas Man, we heat with wood around here! ;-P

Stay warm Pete and I wish you many blessings from above this New Year...

Fredo

:lol: Thanks Fredo blessings to you and yours as well!

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.