Happy Paczki Day!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Augie

Feeling the Heat
Nov 8, 2012
North Of Canada
Happy Fat Tuesday!!

Celebrate with a Paczki.

For those not in the know Paczki's are Polish calorie bombs hiding in a incredible costume.

For Education Click here

OK- so my officemate (originally from Poland) educated me on these and I must say- screw you. Now I'm starving.

He said the sugar on top is vanilla sugar and the jam in the middle was made from rose hips (in Poland)- it sounds fantastic

So this was the line in New Palace thie AM when I arrived and below is my reward.
2.jpg
3.jpg 1.jpg

NOTE one is already missing by the time I remembered to take a pic......

Reactions: Thistle
Reactions: Jags and DAKSY
Seriously how far do you want me to run:p ..I only bought 10! I have to run for 30ish min to work off one.:eek: .... Already ran this morning for an hour:cool: .... thats 2 Have a friend coming over for another run this evening.... Prob 1.5ish hrs so that is three more:cool: ..... And I give him three that leaves me with 2 for the morning after a run with the pup again.:cool: Yea I love em' but I have to at least net out to zero for today and tomorrow.....

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
So Michigan has for a few years been running tourism ads , Pure Michigan Ads. You might have seen them. If not here is one of the original ones.
Link to all of them

And here is one of the many parodies that have sprung up...LOL This one about our beloved Paczki's!!!

I know them all too well. SIL picks up a box at the bunny holiday time. We always called them "Punski's" probably because we did not know how to spell it. Blueberry jam filled is my favorite. The local ones are covered in powdered sugar of some sort with a fresh whipped cream and jam filling. The local Polish market sometimes carries them from larger bakeries that seasonally have them. Yum.

I had a raspberry one yesterday evening...a little bit later on than I should have, I guess. It was a mistake that I paid for almost all night! Of course, I bought them from a local (not so) super market bakery...maybe that was the mistake!
Today I had another one during the afternoon that was bought from a local bakery. Lemon, this time. Yes, there was a noticable difference in the taste and quality.

Enjoyed the fat Tuesday parody!!!!

It's fasnacht day in my house. My mothers side of the family was german and while we use to make this german potato starch donuts as kids, I buy them now. Drove 45 minutes to the only bakery around that even gets "close" to wat they should be, waited 25 mins in line and bought 2 dozen. Drove around tonight playing fasnacht fairy to my friends and family, a long time tradition. Never had a paczki but would eat one for sure! Here's my fasnachts:

image.jpg

I'm hungry now.

Reactions: ScotO
Darn you all . . . all those pics make the bagel I ate several hours ago look pretty sad in comparison. Now I'm hungry.

It's fasnacht day in my house. My mothers side of the family was german and while we use to make this german potato starch donuts as kids, I buy them now. Drove 45 minutes to the only bakery around that even gets "close" to wat they should be, waited 25 mins in line and bought 2 dozen. Drove around tonight playing fasnacht fairy to my friends and family, a long time tradition. Never had a paczki but would eat one for sure! Here's my fasnachts:

View attachment 93494
Thanks a LOT, Mistress! Now I have to head to Weis tonight for Fasnachts...==c

I had mine today thanks to my SIL who brought two boxes.

The local version:

IMG_3250.JPG IMG_3254.JPG

Yeah, I ate a whole one.

Status
Not open for further replies.