HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muncybob

Minister of Fire
Apr 8, 2008
Near Williamsport, PA
I know...astronomical date is a few weeks away, but I'm thinking spring since it's basically meteorlogical spring here. I can actually see some areas of my lawn and our lane is now ice/snow free!

I plan to go split a few rounds before dark in celebration...something I have not done since December. I cleaned up the Jonsey last weekend, sharpened the chain too so looks like I may even get the saw out into the woods this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Well -30c here with 6' of snow so we're not welcoming spring just yet. This has been a brutal winter in Alberta.

As soon as our basketball sectionals starts there will be a big snow storm! (you can bet they will show up!)

True that the actual dates of the seasons usually fall around the 22nd of the month, still, even most meteorologists will say you can count on Spring to start March 1; Summer June 1; Fall September 1 and Winter December 1. As for me, I've mostly fell into the first of the month crowd, so Happy Spring to all.

Cudos said:
Well -30c here with 6' of snow so we're not welcoming spring just yet. This has been a brutal winter in Alberta.

We're in Alberta as well. Just snapped a pic of our thermostat... was reading a balmy -39c...... not quite spring yet.......

I think that's why I visit up there but your winters are too long for me to live there. Spring is on it's way though...heard some migrating geese last night.

I know spring is just about here because the Crocus (SP?) are coming up. snow and all. Also it was March 16th last year when I saw the first SNAKE BTW in with the Crocus LOL. Darn things...

I can see my yard for the last 2-3 days. Today I saw a couple hundred geese heading north.

Definitely the start of spring in my book! Happy Spring all!

My wife said she saw the local Amish family drive by with the top off their buggy . . . claims that this is a sure sign of Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.