Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benchwrench

Feeling the Heat
Sep 1, 2011
State of Confusion
This is my favorite holiday to be around friends and family where we can all get together as the good Lord intended.
Even though it's not that cold out, this is the best time to start a nice fire in our much discussed stoves for all who come into our homes to enjoy as we open our hearts to acquaint and reacquaint ourselves with one another.
I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here at Hearth.com, You all have been very helpful and friendly, it's been a privilege to share a cup with you all in the morning while reading your posts over a warm stove.
HappyThanksgiving.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone from me.

Random thoughts . . .

"Not that cold out" . . . hmmm . . . plenty cold where I am. Things are starting to freeze up nicely during the night.

RE: Pen's pic . . . Guess Mitt had the final word. ;) :)

Thanksgiving . . . a very nice holiday . . . a time to be thankful . . . a time to get together with family and friends and hope you're finally old enough to not sit at the kiddie table . . . a time to gorge ourselves on food and then fall to sleep while watching football in preparation for the Black Friday Madness. And yes . . . I am kidding . . . I actually do like this holiday . . . it still hasn't got to be too commercial but rather a day to just get together with those you love (and some you don't love so much) and be thankful for all that we have in this world.

Final thought . . . don't forget to remember those who are often not remembered during this time . . . those who are home alone during the holidays.

Reactions: woodchip
gotta go to lame bro in law house. no stove or fireplace, gonna be lame. oh well.

Happy turkey day to all.

Attachments

• thanksgiving2.jpg
    thanksgiving2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 106
for those with really uptight guests I suggest a wee bit of fake cutting your finger when carving the turkey. Say "By Odin's beard that tickels" followed by "Noone minds a little blood on their bird right"? while holding said fake injury. Good times for some, especially me. Enjoy everyone. Happy Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Jack Straw
Happy Thanksgiving, guys and gals! Enjoy your families and don't pull on Uncle Ed's finger after dinner, even if he offers you a quarter.....;)

Heading out the door to pick up our turkey right now.......a fresh one from a farm over the mountain. He was sacrificed yesterday ......

Deep Fried Turkey in peanut oil, Mmmmm...
t2970114-66-thumb-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Reactions: ScotO
Happy Thanksgiving!
I am grateful for all you guys and gals here....;)
Thanks for all the help and support over the last couple of years. :)

Reactions: PapaDave
Going drinking in the morning with my Mother, Sis and B-inlaw. Turkey at sisters house after that.

Reactions: pen and GAMMA RAY
Happy thanksgiving everybody!

This is my favorite holiday too... Good food good guests....and no pressure to buy gifts!

Too warm for the stove unfortunately (50s) but the fireplace is a cracklin'

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Hearth Head friends. Make sure you eat & drink way too much tomorrow & hope that we get at least ONE game worth watching...

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Hearth Head friends. Make sure you eat & drink way too much tomorrow & hope that we get at least ONE game worth watching...

It's ALWAYS worth watchin' the Pats kick some Jets hiny..............

Reactions: jharkin
Have a happy everyone.

Good friends here, and one hell of a lot of support on many levels.

Thankful for you all, and the start of my life back !

Reactions: PapaDave and ScotO
See ya tomorrow Dix, I am bringing a can of cranberry sauce and a doggy bag!;lol

See ya tomorrow Dix, I am bringing a can of cranberry sauce and a doggy bag!;lol

Just bring the doggie bag... making cranberry sauce from scratch :p

Status
Not open for further replies.