Haraman Invincible fully auto mod

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This week I let go of my Harman Invincible insert I had been holding on to. I had big plans for the old girl. Before I let it go I completed a fully auto modification and thought I'd share what all was involved.

First off, if you your going to do this, you have to start with an Invincible that has the newer style control board. Older versions of the unit that have the crank style feeder body aren't going to work.

Here's what you'll need.

A new control board and wiring harness, a burn pot that will accept an igniter (I used a 52i Accentra burn pot with the igniter cradle built in), and a new burn pot gasket, igniter and newer style control board faceplate.

First remove the old burn pot from the old unit. You need 1/2" socket on a universal joint to get in behind the angle of the pot for the upper bolts. After removing the pot scrape the old gasket material away.

Next, remove the old control board and wiring harness from the terminal buss as well as remove the little micro switch from the end of the feeder arm. These can all be discarded.

If you are using a new style control board you want to set the DIP switches for the burnpot style you are using. I Used an accentra pot so DIP switches 2 and 3 will be on and the rest will be off. I'm using the older style black ESP so DIP switch 5 is off. Newer red wire style is on.

Install the control board faceplate and board. Next we have to wire it up. On the wire buss the left side terminals are hot wires and should go to each component. These terminals are isolated rows. You will remove the leads from this section. From the wiring harness, the red goes to the combustion blower, blue to distribution blower, black goes to the auger motor. Pop off the round wire cap under the feeder body and snake the yellow and the light blue wire in through the feeder body to the firebox. There is a disconnect on the light blue wires coming back, that will be connected to a terminal buss. Find the white disconnect from the wiring harness that had the double white wires, that goes on the same row of the terminal buss as the light blue. If you had a new stove these connections would be for the vac switch but since the invincible doesn't have one, we need to bridge this connection. You could make a jump wire but since there is a terminal buss we can use that. Now you should have a whole bunch of white wires going to nothing and a brown wire left. The brown goes to the black power in from the cord. The closest white wire to the brown goes to the white from the power cord. The remaining white wires go to the other side of each component.

Install the igniter into the burn pot and install the gasket to the threaded posts for the burn pot and make the igniter connections. Install the burn pot. Pull the slack out of the yellow and light blue wires so the plastic disconnects are all the wall back to the rear of the feeder body and squirt some silicone to adhere them there and then slide up the black plastic cap from the wiring harness.

Plug her in and turn the feed rate to test. After two minutes the control board will turn on each component. Verify that each component powers up according to the lights. If it all works, your done.

Status
Not open for further replies.