Harbor Freight 7-Ton Electric Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the stand when I bought mine. Works a treat.

314hWX84%2BoL._SX450_.jpg

Got the stand when I bought mine. Works a treat
Yeah, operating at waist high is the only way to go. You can just stand there all day and split. I just have mine on sawhorses and a piece of osb. A stand like that on wheels would be nice.

Pete, I'm using the identical Homelite "5 ton". Would you elaborate a bit on raising the back up? I can't quite picture what you're doing.

FWIW, my experience with the Homelite has also been very positive. Mostly, I use it for splitting down the giant splits I usually get delivered to me, but I have used it on some pretty large rounds. As others have said, it is best on species that have few knots, like the alder I get, oak, etc. Knots and gnarly pieces are the weak point on these electrics.

This makes sense. I'm often going out and splitting stuff smaller. The electric is right there in the garage (all winter).

I would put a 2*4 under the back tires I am not sure why but the splitter does run much better that way. Most people say to lift the front however mine barely ran that way.

Pete

I use my motorcycle lift, strap the splitter on , works great
I like to see some close up pics of your side table

I like to see some close up pics of your side table

OK already have some pics
It is a extension wing from an old table saw.
It really does need some other braces, I haven't got around to making yet. Been Busy, For now I stuck a little sawhorse under the back to support it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130313_190157.jpg
    IMG_20130313_190157.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20130313_190230.jpg
    IMG_20130313_190230.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 275
Status
Not open for further replies.