Harbor freight central pneumatic model 62441 Compressor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
1670947321691.png
I have this central pneumatic model 62441 Compressor.
I can not get it to start. I tried bypassing the reset button. that worked for a while . I bought a new Capacitor ..nope.
At one point I was holding the brass plunger of the relief valve down until it would turn at a good clip all with the tank valve open (now pressure to fight against.) Nothing now . I have not seen a starter Capacitor ..what next ?
Could it be the pressure switch ?

Plug it directly to an outlet. No extension cord and see what happens. I fight a different model but same brand and problem. I use a monster gauge extension cord in my big shed and it wont run on it. Like a 10 gauge one.

I know what you mean... I try not to use an extension cord just a longer hose..

After watching numerous compressor repair video's I will take a look at the pressure switch.
$20 from amazon if it looks funky ..

It will have to wait until next year way to many projects before this... But yes I will update all .