Hard Maple last picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is a picture of the rounds.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1072.jpg
    100_1072.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 337
Whats hard maple sugar?

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Whats hard maple sugar?

Yes smokin.

zap

good I keep hearing you say hard maple, some around here call silver maple, rock maple.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Whats hard maple sugar?

Yes smokin.

zap

good I keep hearing you say hard maple, some around here call silver maple, rock maple.

The Sugar Maple worked out real good, started my cut from the top then came from the bottom and both just dropped to the ground. I spent time filing my chains after I posted.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Whats hard maple sugar?

Yes smokin.

zap

The Sugar Maple worked out real good, started my cut from the top then came from the bottom and both just dropped to the ground. I spent time filing my chains after I posted.

zap

All you cuts look good, I just notice things like that because I watch cuts and saw dust tells alot. (chips on cross cut more dust in milling)

The bucking was going good then after 3 big rounds it was like cutting it with a butter knife (left the file in the garage) change chains and the same so the best chain I had with me was a 16 inch so I finish what I could then went after the ironwood.

zap

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Whats hard maple sugar?

Yes smokin.

zap

Subject: Chain

Smokin I think one of my problems is with the cutters, they are getting small from sharpening. Stopping tonight and grab two new chains for the 20 inch bar, I'll put a picture up tonight unnder GEAR and you guys can tell me what kind of condition it's in.

zap

Here what I like to see.

Attachments

• cutter resize.jpg
    cutter resize.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 219
Adios Pantalones said:
Silver maple is very different than sugar maple. My brother taps silver maple for syrup in a suburban neighborhood.

Sugar is rock is hard maple.

This would be my understanding to...lol around here you have to ask a lot of questions you ever know....

Status
Not open for further replies.