Hardly made a dent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Christmas time is upon us and we found a needy family. Two days ago in the driveway came a pickup hauling a big tandem trailer. It had 3' sides. We loaded the pickup completely with ash and the trailer was loaded with a mix of ash, soft maple, elm and some cherry. Tires were looking a bit strained and the pickup sat a little closer to the ground. lol I should have taken a measurement to see how much wood was in that load.

After we got it loaded, one fellow made a comment that it hardly made a dent in our woodpile. Here is the stack it was taken from:

Christmas-2008d-1.jpg

That picture was taken last year on Christmas Day. There is nowhere near that amount of snow yet this year. There are now about 4 rows gone from it and still 7 more rows to go in that stack.

Helping someone who is truely needy should warm your soul better that any fire from your stove could ever do. God bless you this year.

bambam said:
Helping someone who is truely needy should warm your soul better that any fire from your stove could ever do. God bless you this year.
+1 Dennis, you are a good man.

and with the weather today I am sure they have a lot of love for you....

quads said:
bambam said:
+1 Dennis, you are a good man.

I agree. You're a kind soul Dennis.

THAT is what caring for your fellow man is all about. No mandate, no big brother - just pure goodness from your heart and soul. Way to go Dennis. You have perpetuated my hopefulness for mankind yet another day.

It sure feels good when you get the chance to do something like this. Well done.

Way to go Dennis!

The only reason I posted this was to hopefully start something with a few other wood burners. If we know some people who are less fortunate, perhaps we can help and at this time of year, wish them a Merry Christmas too. We don't have much, but we do like to give whenever we can and we figure this is a good way to give. Sure, it took a few days worth of work, but seeing the smile on those faces and the thanks, well, it is worth every drip of sweat.

Merry Christmas everyone.

It is great to give when people are truly in need, and we never know when the tide may turn and that may be us.
Great thing to do Dennis
I know they got perfectly seasoned wood from your stash :)

We were on the receiving end of a seasoned wood delivery (totally out of the blue!) last year. It was truly needed and our thanks were profuse to a complete stranger. We are not yet in the position to help anyone else out with wood but we do help people in other ways. Recently we were totally surprised by another offer to help us split wood for the 2009/10 season. People are gracious even when you can't bring yourself to ask for help.

Shari

Kudos to you.A man who cuts his own wood may be twice as warm but a man who gives wood where it is needed will be appreciated ten fold.

Well done Dennis

You're my kind of man Dennis. Great idea and a great job. Be safe.
Ed

The way it should be done.
The reward is in your heart.
Warmed your heart & their home.
Country folks are just good people.

Good wishes to you Dennis and your family , giving and helping someone like you have done is a wonderful thing and both you and they benefit from the exchange.
If everyone donates something this holiday season the world will be a better place for all of us. Whether you donate materials or your time you will get as much out of it as you put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.