Hardwood Logs wanted, Southern CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benzj90

Aug 31, 2015
Trumbull, CT
Hello all,

I am looking for 5+ cords worth of green or seasoned un-split logs in Southern CT. Anyone know of someone they use and would be willing to share contact info?

Thanks!
Joe

I copied this over to the woodshed so that you may reach a larger audience.

In our area, Eversource (formerly CL&P Electric co.) has hired a crew to cut and trim around power lines. We've had some trees in our area taken down and left roadside.....you may want to contact them to see if they are cutting nearby. I only got 2 truck loads of Maple due to my work schedule.....when the trees hit the ground, I'm at work, by time I get home in the late evening, it's all gone:(

Hello all,

I am looking for 5+ cords worth of green or seasoned un-split logs in Southern CT. Anyone know of someone they use and would be willing to share contact info?

Thanks!
Joe
Hi Joe, You looking for wood to burn this year?

I have seen a ton here in central CT and it is actually not going very fast. I managed to grab a few truck loads but I'm not in great shape and need recovery times between loading and unloading to get more. I'm pushing it to get any of this dry enough to burn this winter but I have a decent backup supply just in case. Be careful though, my last batch was covered in poison ivy and dropped in a huge patch of poison ivy.

Status
Not open for further replies.