Hardy wood stove 120,000 but

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemus85

Dec 29, 2013
Tri-county, Missouri
Ok fellas a few years ago a purchased a used wood stove. Haven't had any real issues with it. I just now saw that I had a leak at the base of the stack inside the wood stove when I filled it up. Well I took it apart and the entire lid is popped off (almost). Is there any way to re seal the the lid and screw it back down? Or is the stove done for?

Is this an outdoor wood boiler?

It doesn't sound good, but pictures would help.

I used to have a hardy. Are you talking about when you pull the outer cover off and you are looking at the water tank shell? The top of te water jacket just unscrews off. I know my old one used to leak steam around where the flue came up through that cover. On further investigation i found the flat flange that is welded to the flue pipe which the cover sits on and is sealed with high temp silicone chaulk to be rusted out. I ended up welding that flange and getting it back to flat. I then rechaulked around the flange and around the perimeter of the water jacket where the cover screws down to and didn't have any more steam leak issues.

I just used some high temp silicone around where the chimney was and just regular silicone chaulk for around the perimeter of the top. Mine leaked steam around the chimney for a whole season before I did anything about it.

Ok fellas a few years ago a purchased a used wood stove. Haven't had any real issues with it. I just now saw that I had a leak at the base of the stack inside the wood stove when I filled it up. Well I took it apart and the entire lid is popped off (almost). Is there any way to re seal the the lid and screw it back down? Or is the stove done for?

A picture would be very helpful. Are you talking about steam leaking from the chimney and condenser or water dripping from the ceiling of the burn chamber?

Status
Not open for further replies.