Harem pellet stove insert 2008

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cold feet

Hearth Supporter
Dec 9, 2008
western
I hope I have the right thread. I’ve been reading a few articles here that I thought would help but back to square one after trying many things
Pellet stove was not always lighting It would light when it wanted to. I called a company to come and do a cleaning. Which they did.
I mentioned the stove not lighting but they said if it was the igniter it would not light at all
So paid the bill and off they went. Three days later same thing it started not lighting again
Called them back. They took the igniter out and I was right it was not working right. Put the new one in and again gave me another service call plus the price of igniter
Days go by and it would start but. It shut down
I called another company
They came and cleaned it again. Yes the esp prope was dirty and had not been cleaned.
tjey leave next day same thing stove would start and run but would not shut down. No blinking lights no warnings just the combustion light on
I would finally have to just un plug it to shut it off
Called that company back and they are coming mar 18 to look at it again so three service charges and a igniter and it still isn’t right. Any ideas
From what I have read here bad esp prope maybe
Thanks for any help. Frustrating

You will probably end up needing a board.

Reactions: cold feet
Also sounds like you may not have constant voltage at your wall outlet that can cause these problems. You should asses that, because not only too high a voltage but also too low voltage can cause failures. A good surge protector will stop the voltage spikes, but a good line conditioner will actually regulate the voltage by trimming the high and boosting the low. I only recommend Tripp Lite brand because I know they work.

Below is the “Trailer Park Setup”
So when the lights dim the stove keeps chugging along!
A 1440 joules Surge Protector & 5 amp all metal line conditioner rated for use with motors!

Attachments

• 47A29D2C-9EA9-4FD2-8721-88C6F84B6531.png
    47A29D2C-9EA9-4FD2-8721-88C6F84B6531.png
    950.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Also sounds like you may not have constant voltage at your wall outlet that can cause these problems. You should asses that, because not only too high a voltage but also too low voltage can cause failures. A good surge protector will stop the voltage spikes, but a good line conditioner will actually regulate the voltage by trimming the high and boosting the low. I only recommend Tripp Lite brand because I know they work.

Below is the “Trailer Park Setup”
So when the lights dim the stove keeps chugging along!
A 1440 joules Surge Protector & 5 amp all metal line conditioner rated for use with motors!

Bad ESP will let the motors continue to run even when the stove is turned to the off position; it does take a long time even on a properly working stove to shut down, but if both the combustion fan & the distribution fan continue to run when switched to the off position, I would start with the ESP (especially since it was just subjected to a cleaning; possibly damaged in the process?).

Bad ESP will let the motors continue to run even when the stove is turned to the off position; it does take a long time even on a properly working stove to shut down, but if both the combustion fan & the distribution fan continue to run when switched to the off position, I would start with the ESP (especially since it was just subjected to a cleaning; possibly damaged in the process?).
Thank you combustion motor is the one that stays on. Distribution goes off after a bit. They are coming back next week. At least we can run it this way for a bit. Appreciate alol the responses