Harman 52i Burning inside auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Montecarlossfan

Burning Hunk
Jan 1, 2019
Connecticut
Good Afternoon all,

Maybe I’m worrying too much but this is my 3rd year with my 52i non tc and it seems that it burns a little different this year. I did have the burnpot off to clean and put a new gasket on as well. I was contemplating changing out the burnpot as well this year as it isn’t smooth but doesn’t seem worn out . The issue I am having is the pellets seem to “pile” from the top vs push from the bottom when it feeds which isn’t an issue on higher burns but as it gets lower, about 1/4 turn of the auger tube has flames in it essentially. I don’t recall it doing this unless I never noticed as it shuts down. I’m thinking the burnpot may be a little rougher in the middle which starts the pellets to pile vs push.
I attached a pic of it going into shutdown just to show what I mean.
Is this normal or do I need a new burnpot / or did I do something wrong when installing the burnpot gasket?

Attachments

• Harman 52i Burning inside auger
    7FD79865-6889-44FA-BAAB-AC34EF0381C8.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Harman 52i Burning inside auger
    183F8A2C-973A-49B5-B2A6-F2E9CA8D2131.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 121