Harman 52i heat baffle and medallion question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr47930

Burning Hunk
Aug 11, 2014
Southern MD
Hey guys, hope everyone is getting prepared for the upcoming winter.

I just had my Harman 52i insert serviced by a technician and I have some questions.

I only hired a tech to pull the unit out and clean all of the fans and motors from the backside. I wasn't watching him while he worked because I figured he knew what he was doing.
When he wrapped up and was putting everything back together I noticed that he painted the heat baffles and medallion with BLACK high temp paint. Will this cause any issues with heat output or anything? I can get over the fact that it looks silly with everything being black but want to make sure it will still be cranking out heat this winter.

Hey guys, hope everyone is getting prepared for the upcoming winter.

I just had my Harman 52i insert serviced by a technician and I have some questions.

I only hired a tech to pull the unit out and clean all of the fans and motors from the backside. I wasn't watching him while he worked because I figured he knew what he was doing.
When he wrapped up and was putting everything back together I noticed that he painted the heat baffles and medallion with BLACK high temp paint. Will this cause any issues with heat output or anything? I can get over the fact that it looks silly with everything being black but want to make sure it will still be cranking out heat this winter.

The paint won't affect the heat output & it will probably burn off after the first few fires. Just looks nice until you actually start burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.