Harman 52i issues?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acowherd

Nov 8, 2008
MID Missouri
I had my stove installed this spring, and only ran it a few times. Fired it up tonight, just to take the chill off, and bang auger stoped feeding pellets. Checked for bringing, moved the pellets out of burn pot and turned auger with tool. Hmmm it feed pellets when it started..... So I shut it down, and pulled it out. The dang auger motor was laying in the back of the cabnit! It fell off the shaft somehow, I reinstalled it and seems to be running fine now.

While messing with that issue, I noticed that while my stove is running the hopper lid has a slight vibration. It's not rattling because of the gasket, but I definitely feel vibration. ....like it has suction on it. Any ideals on this?

Last edited:
I would be raising heak with my dealer I'd make him come out and give that stove a clean bill of health as soon as possible

Stove ran all night. There is just one bolt that holds the motor on the shaft, and it must have not been checked ar the factory. All is well.

I have been putting off getting my pellets, guess it's time to stock up for the winter.

Glad you got it going.better get some pellets soon people are reporting shortages

Dang this stove takes longer to shut down...you turned my old 52 off and it went off in a few min. Turn this 52i off and it still feed pellets for a little bit, then starts it shut down.

Just ordered 3 tons at Lowe's today! 3.90 a bag.

Greenway is what they had.....

Status
Not open for further replies.