Harman 52i probe length and max vent length?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ9

Dec 2, 2013
MA
Is there a max wire length on the temp probe for the Harman 52i? Looking at replacing my current insert with one.

Does anyone have this insert installed with a 4" flex pipe longer then 30' ? The manual says recommended up to 30'. I have ~35 ft of smooth wall flex pipe running to the fireplace.

Is the new 52i quiet enough to be 8ft from the TV? I currently have a Astroflamm Integra that is quiet enough near the tv if we turn the tv up a little (i keep the blower at a higher setting).

Not sure on temp probe length but it does come with an extension my flex is 16 foot my stove is about the same distance from the tv as yours in our living room the fans on high setting you may have to turn up the tv a few decibels but not as bad as my old stove I would have to turn up the tv the hole way haven't owned my stove for very long but it's quieter than I expected.when the fans are on high there's not much noise from the fans themselves it the noise of rushing air out the front of the stove if that makes any sense. The motors on the fans I cannot hear at all

Reactions: AJ9
Welcome by the way I will see if I can get an answer for ya on that probe lenght

Using standard thermostat wire (18 gauge) you should be able to go up to 50 feet.
Thank you I couldn't find him the length

Thank you I couldn't find him the length
50ft will definitely do! I have to run it to the basement through the ash trap and back up to the other end of the room, so probably just under that.

Big Papa, do you have the newer 52i version? My father has the older model and its very loud, too loud for the tv. Haven't found a newer model hooked up in a showroom yet to hear the difference.

Yes I have the latest model 52i just installed in June this year I love it

Is there a max wire length on the temp probe for the Harman 52i? Looking at replacing my current insert with one.

Does anyone have this insert installed with a 4" flex pipe longer then 30' ? The manual says recommended up to 30'. I have ~35 ft of smooth wall flex pipe running to the fireplace.

Is the new 52i quiet enough to be 8ft from the TV? I currently have a Astroflamm Integra that is quiet enough near the tv if we turn the tv up a little (i keep the blower at a higher setting).
The owner of the stove shop where we bought our Harman P61A from said they run 35' of 4" flex regularly, FWIW.. I was concerned about 26', he said no problem. I can't imagine the 52i is any different since we had been looking at that before we decided on the P61.

Status
Not open for further replies.