Harman 52I won't pull out.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sante fe

Burning Hunk
Sep 28, 2011
Poughkeepsie ny
Just went to try and pull out my 52i , I un-latched the two clips removed the molding piece around the bottom , the stove won't budge. Any tips or tricks to get it to move. Thanks a bunch.

BULL IT! Don't just pull it. It doesn't just slip and slide...

The title - !!!. Sorry, I', no help at all.

If you have or can see the leveling bolts on the front of the rack, try and loosen them. The rack needs to be leveled and secured bore the stove rolls in but if the front bolts are adjusted after the stove pushed in the stove can get wedged into the surround. May not be your issue but something the look at. I will admit, the newer accentra is tough and I thought wheels would make it easier but it's just not so.

It takes some pull to get it to move, I pulled mine the other day and its heavy. watch out when it reaches the end of the track as mine hit the hearth and didn't want to move after that, dug in to the flag stone . I have the rail kit but my hearth is flush with the floor so I didn't need the kit, but the rails that extend the rail the stove is on made it so I could slide it out with out digging in and stopping dead and scratching the hearth, I'm sure you could find some plate steel strips the same height as the track and it will be easier to slide out..

Just went to try and pull out my 52i , I un-latched the two clips removed the molding piece around the bottom , the stove won't budge. Any tips or tricks to get it to move. Thanks a bunch.

I take it you don't have the rail kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.