Harman Accentra 51i - part that holds compass just rotted off?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proulx06

Oct 2, 2013
Southern NH
Got our 51i in November 2013. It's just getting chilly here in NH, so I went to load it up with pellets for the first time since spring and found a big chunk of metal sitting in the burn pot. Looks like it's the piece at the top inside of the unit that holds the compass panel in place. There are two such pieces, so the compass stays in place, but clearly I need to replace it. It looks like the whole unit bolts into the stove, so I should be able to replace it, but I can't seem to find this particular piece anywhere online. I'll post a picture momentarily.

Secondary to my question is what did I do wrong to make this thing rot out? I cleaned it for the summer as Harman tells us to, so I'm a bit alarmed.

Actually, wondering if it didn't rot off. Clearly it's rusty but it may just have fallen out? I'll have to check tonight.

Attachments

• 20160929_160837.jpg
    20160929_160837.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 189
Getting my stove cleaned today and it turns out this piece did break off, though it does look like the panel that holds it in place bolts to the back of the stove. But I can't find this part anywhere online. Any ideas?

Here is a picture of the panel (this is much cleaner after today!)

Attachments

• 20161006_114612.jpg
    20161006_114612.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 154
Call a dealer,I think it should be covered by the 3 year firebox warranty.If not,only a dealer can get that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.