Harman Accentra 52,000 vs 42,000 BTU

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Heat is On

Jan 27, 2014
New York
Hi there,

Looking to purchase my first pellet stove insert. My house is about 3,000 sq. ft. not counting the basement. Found out today that a free standing stove in the basement was not such a good idea so now I a looking at putting in an insert on the first floor. I liked the feature built into the Harman for temp control and was wondering two things...1) does the old model Accentra have the temp control and 2) how much more heat would I get from the newer model with 52,000 BTU vs the older with 42,000 BTU. I guess this is a twofold question, my floor plan is open but I am not sure if the 42,000 do the job. The reason I am debating the two is because the dealer offered me a one year old (used) Accentra for $2,750.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.