Harman Accentra 521 Pellet insert vs Mt Vernon E2 Pellet Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cantamag

Aug 9, 2015
Eastern PA
Hi looking for opinions for a new pellet insert. We have had it with wood the past 2 winters in PA and the lack of efficiency from an open hearth on our main floor and labor involved in the extra harsh winters with wood.

Open Floor plan - First floor opens all the way up to 2nd floor 20ft plus

About 2200 sf

Finished basement also but the insert is for the first floor as main source (looking to cut down on LP forced air use even more with pellets) ;

Will be replacing an OLD wood stove in basement with pellet stove too but, may look at a TSC stove for now due to cost of 2 at one time

Really like the looks of the Accentra and Mt Vernon both. What are opinions on efficiency, ease of use, ease of maintenance and reliability?

Thanks all!!!!

Take look around the site and you can get a feel for both stoves. Same parent company peddles both. Lot of folks go with used for a second stove, or as I did both.
Welcome and good luck

Hi looking for opinions for a new pellet insert. We have had it with wood the past 2 winters in PA and the lack of efficiency from an open hearth on our main floor and labor involved in the extra harsh winters with wood.

Open Floor plan - First floor opens all the way up to 2nd floor 20ft plus

About 2200 sf

Finished basement also but the insert is for the first floor as main source (looking to cut down on LP forced air use even more with pellets) ;

Will be replacing an OLD wood stove in basement with pellet stove too but, may look at a TSC stove for now due to cost of 2 at one time

Really like the looks of the Accentra and Mt Vernon both. What are opinions on efficiency, ease of use, ease of maintenance and reliability?

Thanks all!!!!
I narrowed things down to these same two stoves before I purchased the 52i,the harman won due to its abilities and ease of use do ur home work to see wich is best for you

I narrowed things down to these same two stoves before I purchased the 52i,the harman won due to its abilities and ease of use do ur home work to see wich is best for you

Thanks! We did go with the Harman this weekend for the living room. Did do quite a bit of research last year and again now this month again. Really hoping to reduce our propane to next to nothing this winter and not having to drag wood in 13 degree weather!

Yes maintenance on the Harmon won hubby over too hands down.

Thanks!!

May want to use proper spelling of Harman. Owners are pretty defensive:)
I will be using more propain this year as it is at a several year low and makes pellets actually more expensive right now. Our propane stove still gives a nice fire and radiant heat. No electricity needed was a major influence out here in the country. Didn't hurt that it being used and self install the $$$ was really cheap.
Once again, Welcome

Attachments

• DSCN0038.JPG
    DSCN0038.JPG
    508.2 KB · Views: 126
Thanks! We did go with the Harman this weekend for the living room. Did do quite a bit of research last year and again now this month again. Really hoping to reduce our propane to next to nothing this winter and not having to drag wood in 13 degree weather!

Yes maintenance on the Harmon won hubby over too hands down.

Thanks!!
We went through this exact thing last year after burning wood for over 20 years. Ended up going with the Harman 52i and we are very happy with our decision. Enjoy, you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: linc1216
Same here. Burned woodstove >20 yrs. Pellet stove much easier and the heat is consistant.

Reactions: bags
Status
Not open for further replies.