Harman Accentra 52i- Good price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homesteader78

Oct 4, 2016
Pennsylvania
Hello,

I am new to the forums here yet am wondering about some quotes I received for an Accentra 52i. One installer quoted me at around $5200 installed with the outdoor air intake and the 304 liner. Plus the pellets at 269 a ton (not sure brand).

Another dealer quoted me at 4900 installed with the outdoor air kit as well, 316 liner and 4 tons of omalley pellets (not sure if any good).

Why such the discrepancy? Also do you all think the outdoor air kit is worth it? Liner? 304vs316

Are omalley pellets junk?

Thanks.

Those prices are in line with what I was quoted in Nov 2014 when I had a 52i installed. Never used O'Malley's but I know I've read posts on the forum about them.

Welcome to the forum! Yes the outside air kit is worth it! I'm thinking the largest difference would be the cost of the liner and possibly a bit more gouge...

Insulated or uninsulated? Same diameter? 316 contains an alloy which makes it more corrosion resistant apparently http://www.discountchimneysupply.com/chimney_liners.html

Dealer reputation? Can go on-line to find reviews...

Edit: Block off plate?

Hey LakeGirl,

My current flue is a 13×13 terracotta, so both quoted for a 4" non insulated liner. Both were putting the firewool insulation around the liner in the damper of the current heatilator. The biggest difference I see is that the one company is including pellets and also using the 316 liner for a better price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked on-line or heard through word of mouth on the customer satisfaction from either dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.