Harman Accentra 52i insert - Getting Access to rear for Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NE_pelletriots

Oct 21, 2019
Worcester, MA
How does one pull out a Harman Accentra 52i insert? I need to do a good clean and it wont budge. I thought it would slide out if I unlatch the two hinges. Do I need to take bolts off? Thanks

How does one pull out a Harman Accentra 52i insert? I need to do a good clean and it wont budge. I thought it would slide out if I unlatch the two hinges. Do I need to take bolts off? Thanks

I take the door and heat exchanger panels off to lighten the load. Then i take a plywood board that is cut to fit in front with a rubbermaid lid on top to keep it level with the tracks. That way when i pull it out it slides better. I can get it myself but my back will pay for it the next day... another person makes it much easier. As does a smidge of wd40 on the rollers.

If it was installed correctly it should pull out, but it’s still a heavy stove. If it was installed incorrectly, it could still have the shipping bolts holding it in the frame. I’ve only seen someone manage to install one that way once, and he built his fireplace around it. We kinda chuckled at him and said sorry but your on your own unless you want us to completely tear the wall out to get to it.

Take off the bottom shroud cover(should slide straight out...unclip the 2 side clips and pull the stove out....it is a heavy stove but not as heavy as the previous gen Accentra lol

I take the door and heat exchanger panels off to lighten the load. Then i take a plywood board that is cut to fit in front with a rubbermaid lid on top to keep it level with the tracks. That way when i pull it out it slides better. I can get it myself but my back will pay for it the next day... another person makes it much easier. As does a smidge of wd40 on the rollers.
Is the Rubbermaid lid wider than the plywood? Trying to form mental image. Sounds so much simpler than other strategies I’d been brainstorming.

Reactions: blanc12
How far off the ground is your fireplace stone...if it is as the thread you posted then you may need a rail kit or once the inside is spotless, leave the cast iron pieces out of it for now and build up a stack of pellet bags (1 wide by 2 deep) to lean it on, this is what i typically do when i clean my parent's accentra insert

Reactions: Ssyko