Harman Accentra 52i insert install - roof venting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbulator

Dec 2, 2011
Western PA
I have my Accentra installed, going to do the venting now. The insert protrudes back into my boiler room, front side in the family room and a faux fire place (stone wall, hearth, etc)... I want to vent through the ceiling. I have 4" multi-fuel vent double wall. One fellow from the local hardware store who sold me the vent pipe said it's best to put a horizontal dog leg in the run to limit the draft.....so now I'm asking here -

1.) Do I vent straight up

2,) Do I vent up, dog leg horizontal, then up, using tees for cleanout

Thanks!

Install is still going on... Yes I have a zero clearance box. Front of the unit faces into my family room where I have built a hearth and stone wall, etc. The zero clearance box goes into the wall, and on the other side of the wall is my boiler room. Vent will be in there, going up through the ceiling...

Reactions: smwilliamson
Status
Not open for further replies.