Harman accentra 52i lots of ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody901

Oct 19, 2016
Maryland
Hey guys
Been burning almost a month now on room temp most of the time. I'm still learning as this is my first stove. I couldn't be happier with the heat output of this thing. From what I have been reading this time of the year the stoves run alittle dirtier from turning on and off. It's getting colder at night and I have been turning it in manual so the stove stays warm. I am curious as how often everyone else has to scrape the burn pot? I have been getting a good amount of ash build up that won't fall out into the ash pan on its own. I have been burning Lignetics bagged by tractor supply. I also picked up some bags of Kingdom bio fuel which have a lot less fines. I will probably pick up a ton of them next week. I will attach a photo below of the build up and would appreciate any input.
Thanks
Cody

IMG_3247.JPG

I scrape it daily.

It's falling out on its own. The fire creates new ash and that ash pushes the ash in front off the ledge. The new ash replaces the ash that fell off. This is a continuing process. I'll never admit it but I've left mine unscraped for a week. The air holes weren't plugged and everything was running fine. I usually scrape every day or two. What you see is normal. Enjoy the heat.
Ron

Takes a while to learn your stove. Glad to hear you are asking questions from stove veterans!

That's exactly what my 52i looked like when burning Lignetics as well as a few other brands. I've. Urged other brands that hardly produce any ash and other brands that leave loads of ash and carbon speed bumps. Part of the fun is trying different brands and learning what your stove likes or doesn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.