Harman Accentra 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue5BFD

Jan 22, 2014
Connecticut
I recently purchased an Accentra 52i. Did the install myself with a few friends that had some experience with their stoves.

I had the company come out and take a look at my mounting system to see if it was adequate. After they had left I started up the stove and throughout the day I noticed that I had smoke out of the stack throughout the day. It wasn't very heavy but I had just never noticed it any other day.
Today I started it up. Had a decent amount on start up and gave it about an hour. It seemed to get better but again I have never noticed it before.
I spoke with the dealer today and they had mentioned that once in awhile you will see some but nothing like a wood burner. Is it my understanding that you shouldn't see much if ever? It has been pretty cold the past few days in Connecticut and I started to think that it could have something to do with it. Some of the warmer days (35 and above) I never noticed any.

I have been using Barefoot pellets and normally a setting of 5 on Stove Temp and a feed rate of 3. I never had a draft test. The flame is usually a decent height but obviously varies when the stove calls for pellets. So lets call the flame active.

I also feel like I produce more ash then I should. Is it normal to have to clean the burn pot everyday before I start up?

Im new to the pellet stove thing and I have a million questions. Just want to make sure that I'm getting the most out of the stove.

I recently purchased an Accentra 52i. Did the install myself with a few friends that had some experience with their stoves.

I had the company come out and take a look at my mounting system to see if it was adequate. After they had left I started up the stove and throughout the day I noticed that I had smoke out of the stack throughout the day. It wasn't very heavy but I had just never noticed it any other day.
Today I started it up. Had a decent amount on start up and gave it about an hour. It seemed to get better but again I have never noticed it before.
I spoke with the dealer today and they had mentioned that once in awhile you will see some but nothing like a wood burner. Is it my understanding that you shouldn't see much if ever? It has been pretty cold the past few days in Connecticut and I started to think that it could have something to do with it. Some of the warmer days (35 and above) I never noticed any.

I have been using Barefoot pellets and normally a setting of 5 on Stove Temp and a feed rate of 3. I never had a draft test. The flame is usually a decent height but obviously varies when the stove calls for pellets. So lets call the flame active.

I also feel like I produce more ash then I should. Is it normal to have to clean the burn pot everyday before I start up?

Im new to the pellet stove thing and I have a million questions. Just want to make sure that I'm getting the most out of the stove.
Are you sure it's really smoke or maybe some condensation burning off ? Like a car starting up on a cold morning, they don't smoke but give off white condensation trails behind them till they warm up. Basically vapor.

My stove always produces smoke outside on start up for a minute or two. It will also produce smoke or vapor on really cold days. Don't worry. As far as the ash goes, even with using a pellet that doesn't produce much ash, I have to quickly scrap the ash into the ash pan a couple times a day. Actually you don't have to, it will be pushed over the side, I just do it because the the flame looks prettier when I do that!

Ok thanks for the info. It did occur to me that it could be vapor. But then my over thinking got the better of me and started to think something was wrong.

Mine always smokes on start-up, but goes away as soon as it gets a flame going. And it's always clear exhaust unless it's real cold like this a.m. White vapors going by the window, but not smoke.

Same here on my brand new harman p35i. On start I see smoke as soon as flame comes on it's gone. I scrape the pot when I got home or if I'm off I will scrape 3 or 5 times a day to enjoy the flame. Yes we are having a cold spell here in Connecticut lol

Status
Not open for further replies.