Harman Accentra 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big papa

Minister of Fire
May 4, 2014
Pa
Hi I'm a newbie have an installation question on new harman accentra52i. Have tiles leading up to fireplace that the stove will sit on and the bricks in fireplace are about a1/4 inch higher than the tile will I have to modify something or is there an adjustment on the new stove thanks.

Welcome. I moved this post to the pellet forum for a more targeted response.

Ok thanks appreciated

Should be fine as there are 4 leveling bolts on the 52i-I believe them to be 1/4" thread and can be shimmed under if need be. Good luck!

Thanks a ton u guys rock

Welcome to the forum! We'll need pics of the install when done ... otherwise never happened:)

When you pull out that unit to do servicing, you will want to protect those tiles to prevent them from being scratched up.

Enjoy the learning process - you'll enjoy the heat come fall (maybe a little yet this spring - still burning here:()

Welcome to the forum! We'll need pics of the install when done ... otherwise never happened:)

When you pull out that unit to do servicing, you will want to protect those tiles to prevent them from being scratched up.

Enjoy the learning process - you'll enjoy the heat come fall (maybe a little yet this spring - still burning here:()
Ya thought we were about done here got up to 39 deg f the last two mornings. Still burning over night here.

Thanks for advice. I'm sure to have more questions in the mere future. Stove will b installed 1st week of June will send before and after pics.

Reactions: TOM KW
Hi again how important is it to have an oak installed being my harman dealer is adding another $375 to the install price to put one in

Hi again how important is it to have an oak installed being my harman dealer is adding another $375 to the install price to put one in

I had a fireplace oak where my 52i went in. I inquired on the necessity of the oak and the company who sells allot of Harman told me not to waste the money. The store owner explained he's only do an oak on a mobile home. My 52i was out in last February and the family loves it. Enjoy

Thanks for reply going try it with out the oak the added cost is too much in my opinion will install one myself if I feel it's needed

Getting cold feet stove to b installed on wed the 4th hope I'm totally happy with everything pretty pricy not to b. oh and I'm kinda thinking I'm weird for getting a pellet stove installed in June.

Last edited:
Getting cold feet stove to b installed on wed the 4th hope I'm totally happy with everything pretty pricy not to b. oh and I'm kinda thinking I'm weird for getting a pellet stove installed in June.
The only reason to have cold feet is if the install is badly rated for the house. The 52i puts out serious heat, bet you love it, it's bought and paid for I assume so enjoy ! Winter comes quick, shoulder season even sooner.

Don't feel weird. After this past Winter a lot of people will be looking for alternative heat sources for next year. At the end of the Summer and beginning of Fall many stove shops will get very busy. It's not uncommon for those shops to be booking installs 6 to 8 weeks out. You may not see it now, but come this Fall you'll be happy that you had it done now. Next step is to work on your fuel supply. Enjoy your new stove.

Already have 6tons of "wood pellet co" in crawl space . Right now I'm looking for a good ash vac.and thank u for the replies.

My house is about 1960 sqft ranch with master bedroom above garage on one end my plan as of now is to use the fan on furnace to blow heat up there using heat ducts. Usually heat master bedroom with electric and fuel oil helps a little on coldest days. Stove will b installed in fire place very center of main floor living area.if the 52i puts out the same heat or better than my old brunco insert then I will b very happy. This will be the first time I tried using the heater fan to help out the master bedroom though circulating the air from downstairs just using the pellet stove. Reason for this is I had to rewire the thermostat and furnace for fan only just recently.would very much like to go off the fuel oil grid

My house is about 1960 sqft ranch with master bedroom above garage on one end my plan as of now is to use the fan on furnace to blow heat up there using heat ducts. Usually heat master bedroom with electric and fuel oil helps a little on coldest days. Stove will b installed in fire place very center of main floor living area.if the 52i puts out the same heat or better than my old brunco insert then I will b very happy. This will be the first time I tried using the heater fan to help out the master bedroom though circulating the air from downstairs just using the pellet stove. Reason for this is I had to rewire the thermostat and furnace for fan only just recently.would very much like to go off the fuel oil grid
Is that Brunco a wood burner with a blower or no ?

The 52i is capable of more than your SQ Ft. It just depends on insulation and air flow if it lives up to your dreams or not. From your basic description it sounds good. That master bedroom might need a little help, either directing air to it etc. Or it may not. The blower on high on the 52i will push air all over the house but garage under a room can be a cool spot.

Yes the brunco is a wood burner with two fans. Would rather garage b cool but not freezing because of salt on the cars but still have water pipes in the garage that could freeze so looks like trial and error for while fuel furnace keeps garage at about 60 to 65 degrees according to the car when u start it in the garage. And that has to b due to air leakage from in and out since I shut off all vents to heat garage. And could b convection from fuel furnace since it is installed right next to garage wall with heat ducts running through the garage

Last edited:
Yes the brunco is a wood burner with two fans. Would rather garage b cool but not freezing because of salt on the cars but still have water pipes in the garage that could freeze so looks like trial and error for while fuel furnace keeps garage at about 60 to 65 degrees according to the car when u start it in the garage. And that has to b due to air leakage from in and out since I shut off all vents to heat garage. And could b convection from fuel furnace since it is installed right next to garage wall with heat ducts running through the garage
Pellets compared with wood is generally a thing where the wood has more potential at it's peak and way less at it's low within a burn cycle of a load of wood . Wood stoves have a big curve in their heat output from cool when you feed it and cool when it needs feeding and hot at their peak of the burn then. Pellets can be made to output constantly depending on the mode you run it in. I imagine the wood insert radiated heat too. The 52i isn't going to do much if any of that but it can put out a hurricane of hot air all night long if you set it that way and are willing to feed it.

Pellets are different and still different again from coal. You will see soon enough ! And forget the cost factor, it's spent and that's that. I don't even look back, The P61 heats my whole house, nuff said !

I have no clue what you have going on there with your garage. Seems to me if it's hitting 65 deg. it's getting heated somehow is all I know. At least so if your winters are like ours.

Thanks for info will send u guys pics tomorrow after stove is installed. Would have got a p series like yours but would have taken up too much space in the areas I had to put it in. I like to overdue everything if it calls for a 4cylinder I put 6 cylinder in so just wanted to get options on the 52i having never even seen one in operation except as a demo in sales

Last edited:
Thanks for info will send u guys pics tomorrow after stove is installed. Would have got a p series like yours but would have taken up too much space in the areas I had to put it in. I like to overdue everything if it calls for a 4cylinder I put 6 cylinder in so just wanted to get options on the 52i having never even seen one in operation except as a demo in sales
Looking forward to the pictures ! There are several people in the forum using the older Accentra insert and a few using the newer 52i as well, you won't read many complaints about them. We are in the off season now so you are getting limited responses to your questions because people probably have moved on for the season to the boating forums, paddling, cycling, gardening etc. but they will be back about the time you want to fire that sucker up.

Good luck with the install, exciting !!

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 146
image.jpg

Oimage.jpg

Congratulations !

Status
Not open for further replies.