1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Harman Accentra Control Board software update

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Branson4720, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Branson4720

Branson4720 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Quabbin Watershed, Massachusetts
    OK......I'm throwing this out there for all the Harman dealers and Harman service techs. I have a 2006 Accentra, Build date 5-06. I realize that it has the old software installed in the control board, so here's my question......Is it possible to have the new Rev. software programmed into my board without purchasing a new board? If so, will it be compatible with the 2006 stove and all of it's functions? The reason I'm asking this is because I have it running with a Cyberpower 1350 LCD UPS and I want to enjoy the benefits of the " shut down & pulse the exhaust blower" function in case of power outage and not being home. I'm wondering if Harman can re-program my board for a fee, or if I need to purchase a new one. Thoughts?? I just recently became aware of the new rev. software when I read my friend's manual for his brand new Accentra.....I'm intrigued to say the least!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. maglite67

maglite67 New Member

Loc:
    WI
    no harman is always changing their boards and now the new boards everything is soldered onto it where your board has a logic chip in it thats programed. We were working and I made a prototype to retro fit stoves to run only the combustion blower that would wire into any stove but after it was patented thats the last I heard of it.
  3. Branson4720

Branson4720 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Quabbin Watershed, Massachusetts
    WUT??
  4. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

no, I dont believe you can flash new software onto the board.......sadly, I cant answer the question about whether or not its just a software change OR a software AND hardware change with each revision. I do know that the newest boards are back ward compatible, such that they of course can be rretrofitted to older stoves....one reason for the dipswitches.......as a dealer, thats a good thing, helps greatly with inventory!