Harman Accentra driving me crazy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giggs222

May 8, 2008
Vermont
I'm in my third year with my Harman Accentra-2 pellet stove.It hasn't been fun. When it works... it works. But when it's bad... it's bad. The dealer has tried, but it always goes back to not burning the pellets. The dealer took it out this fall and gave it a through cleaning. I had the pipe cleaned ($225.00). It operated well from Oct. till Jan., then the pellets would fall into the ash container still red. The container would fill up in 2 or 3 days. I cleaned the burn pot once or twice a week. I took it apart, the heat exchange covers, the combustion assembly and vacumed everything. Put it together and a week later it started again. I've been cleaning out the ash container once a week with unburned pellets. Heeeeeeelp. Am I missing something. I also clean out the fines. Thanks, giggs222

Status
Not open for further replies.