Harman Accentra Feed Rate/Burnpot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taterbug

Dec 10, 2013
Beckley, WV
First, thanks for this forum. I discovered it about two months ago and have been trying to troubleshoot my issues. I have a Harman Accentra insert pellet stove, ser#008240329, manufactured July 2008 and installed that fall, by me. I built a corner fireplace and the insert is in a zero clearance box. I do not have an OAK, however, the hole is open that the intake would bolt to on the zero box, and I have a 4" hole that goes into my crawl space. Glued screen to keep the critters out. I have a 2' vertical pipe with a 90 and then a 2' horizontal pipe exiting the house, ending with a 45. I have read many problems similar to mine, to no prevail have they worked for me. I have had this issue since the stove was brand new and I'm not going to get into a rant about my dealer. He's a nice guy, he just can't figure it out. On my start up the auger runs for approx 45 seconds, and fills my burnpot, upon ignition I get a good flame. After about an hour my flame has traveled to the back of the burnpot and barely burns above the auger, still have a good flame. I get a really hard ash build up in the bottom of the pot and then partially burned pellets get pushed out into the ashpan, it gets worse if I leave it. I can't even come close to a 1" ash. I purchased a draft meter and the max is 1" wc, when I test the draft it pegs out my meter and never drops below 1"wc. Even when I attempt adjusting the draft screw. My dealer doesn't own a draft meter, he swears by the came from the factory calibrated. This is what I recently did after reading some threads. Checked ignitor for installation backwards, took a torch tip cleaner and cleaned all burnpot holes, cleaned ESP (which was very clean), and did a check of feed rates with a stopwatch. With the stove in STOVE mode, fan high, heat set on 7, ignitor on auto, the following rates were recorded (+/- 2 seconds);
#2 OFF 48 Sec ON 13 sec
#3 OFF 43 sec ON 18 sec
#4 OFF 46 ON 21
#5 OFF 50 ON 18
#6 OFF 43 ON 18
I know the ESP temp controls the rate, I waited half hour between feed rate adjustments to level out stove. A new circuit board was installed winter 2011, to see if the problem.That's the only piece to be replaced except for an ignitor last season. No difference in the performance. I have to empty ash pan every two weeks, and I also do routine maintenance every two weeks, and my annual clean. I have actually been doing the annual clean twice a season. I'm so tired of all the wasted pellets and hard ash build up, and my glass is filthy in two weeks. Sorry for such a long post, I just wanted to try and cover all I have tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.