Harman Accentra feeding pellets with irregular consistency

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tthorpe

Oct 18, 2009
Bethlehem Township, NJ
My Harman Accentra pellet insert just started to feed pellets with irregular consistency. The only pattern seems to be that once the burn pot has a sufficient amount of pellets it will burn through until almost empty and then eventually fill the pot again. As you can imagine the regularity of the flame and heat vary greatly and it can barely warm the room. This started immediately after cleaning the stove (ESP probe included).

Any thoughts as to why I may be experiencing this would be greatly appreciated!

I normally run the stove in room temp, but I've also tried stove temp when this problem occurred. Both cases I've tried running it full tilt (90 degrees/ 7) but it still does the same irregular cycle. Feed rate I normally keep at 4, but I've also tried bumping that up to 6 without success.

Well on those settings I can only conclude an error in the stove. I have mine set on just over 3 on the feed rate, 75 on the Room temp setting. Are you Using the Room sensor Probe. If So where do you have it positioned. It may be getting hot then cool.

Just noticed you had problems with the combustion blower and spliced temp Wires in another post. Maybe thats your prblem.

camdids said:
Just noticed you had problems with the combustion blower and spliced temp Wires in another post. Maybe thats your prblem.

I was thinking the same thing, but he's tried it on stove temp, so I am thinking the ESP

I thought the thermostat wire might be giving me issues, but it's been working great for the past two months without problems; I'm not going to rule it out completely though. Is there a way to test the ESP probe?

you may have damaged the esp but doubt it.. turn the stove off unplug it.. plug it back it in...turn the dial to 5 on stove temp and the feed to 4.5 see if it continues during start up

Status
Not open for further replies.