Harman accentra feeds only on slow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smirnov3

Feeling the Heat
Feb 7, 2006
Eastern Ma
Hey, I have a question.

I just turned my stove on for the first time this fall, and I am having some weirdness

My accentra insert feeds fine when I set the temperature low (ie small flame), but when I turn it up, the stove operates normally for 15 minutes or so, and then stops feeding pellets. The feed light goes on, but the auger doesn't move.

the stove (and flue) were cleaned in the spring. The door seals are tight (I checked).

any clues as to what this could be?

Check your flue again. If the stove can't breath it won't feed itself anymore fuel than what the high limit is of the ESP. The feed light coming on without any feed of the auger is alarming. Did you leave any pellets in the stove last spring?

Yes, a handful of pellets got left behind in the stove last spring.

>. If the stove can't breath it won't feed itself anymore fuel than what the high limit is of the ESP

I don't understand what you mean by this.

The feed light coming on without any feeding happens if the flue is blocked with ash, but 1) I cleaned it and b) the fire is dancing quickly, flickering form side to side like it should (no slow waving)

If the stove can't breath it won't feed itself anymore fuel than what the high limit is of the ESP
Exhaust temp gets high and stove will reduce the feed

That will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.